Share the love!

Follow me

Translate

A Letter Of Gratitude




So, its been an eventful week! I got back on the work scene, as I began a brand-new, full-time, job-that-I-really-wanted. I am still reeling from the excitement of all the appreciation and the connect with my last blog post. Well, it didn’t go viral or anything, but the immense response that I got, the dialogue that it generated, was exciting, to say the least. I felt like we connected, and you let me know, that we did.


That’s the reason I am writing this piece today. To say, thank you. To express my gratitude to all of you, who take the time out to read my pieces, that I post intermittently; when time permits, or when the writing-bug bites me in the bum. 

Why now, you may ask? I’ve only written eight or nine pieces on my blog, and weekly reviews or small pieces voicing out my opinions on Instagram. Your love, though, has me overwhelmed.

Everyone, including me talks about how materialistic the world has become, how no-one has any time anymore. No time to stop and smell the roses. No time to look another in the eye, to make a connection, voice a hello, let alone shake a hand, or pat another back. Forget about lending a shoulder! I used to share the opinion, voice out the same, cynicism generously coating every word as it slipped through my sneering lips, even as I would glance at the notifications on my phone, or reply to a text. We only have a moment, a moment to press a thumbs-up, a moment to click on an emoji. No time for words, let alone sentences. Punctuation? What’s that?

Yet, when I turned to writing, to share my words with you all, a wider audience, I was welcomed with open receptive arms! Everyone is busy, yet, you took the time out to visit my blog. People, whom I hadn’t seen in years. People, who I thought had forgotten me. People, whom I had forgotten. You took that extra minute to drop a reaction, to appreciate, to critique, to applaud, to share… so many DMs, sharing your experiences, or to just drop in a kind word of appreciation or exude praise! It made my day!

I have nurtured a love for language, for as long as I can remember. Be it, for writing, reading or languages. I love listening to various accents and emulating them. I love the sound of a word rolling off my tongue. I love the feel of a pen-nib or pencil-lead against a writing surface. It’s therapeutic. I have always turned to writing to express myself, to spill out the turbulence, the confusion, distress; mostly, when things would get too much for me to handle. English, being one of my favourite subjects, I would look forward to essay and composition writing. 

As fate would have it, when times were hard, a couple of years ago, writing helped me get better. More than writing, it was the response that I got from you folks out there, encouraging me, supporting me, healing me. I reached out, and you all held my hand. Blogging makes me feel like I’m having a one-on-one with each and every one of you, a comforting talk with a confidant, a friend. Writing helps, but when the monologue turns into a dialogue, and a connection is forged, it’s a heady feeling! 


So, I want to shout out a loud thank-you to each and every one of you out there, reading my words, enjoying them, maybe even disagreeing with them, but reaching out to let me know, whatever it is. Your opinion, matters to me. It makes a difference. It’s special.

I hope that my words continue to connect with you, enthral you, entertain you. Feel free to reach out and let me know if there’s something in particular you’d like me to write about. For all your love, appreciation, and for the love of language, Cheers!





Comments

  1. Dearest Manjula, i really like reading your Frank views and opinions which helps people with their issues. Proud of you always muuuaaahhh.
    With love Viju

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, missed your comment for some reason! Didn't get an email notification. Thank you so much for all the love! ❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Of Roadblocks, Reactions & Resolutions - an oft repeating cycle.

Gestational heebie-jeebies Part I: My Story - How it All Began

Rains & Romance